1. What were positive integers used for? 2. When was the number system completed? 3. Are the first numbers which we use the positive integers or the negative ones? 4. Is unity a first or a last integer? 5. By what is the division point between positive and negative numbers occupied? 6. What are rational numbers? 7. Can irrational numbers be expressed as quotients of two or three integers? 8. What numbers are called imaginaries? 9. What do we assign to each point on the line? 10. What do we use to denote the real part of a complex number?
1. She could do sums in her head when she was 6 years old. 2. Peter was able to carry out the experiment successfully, but Nick couldn’t finish it without any help.3.I can speak three languages but I can’t spell in any of them. 4.Will you be able to notice the difference between these two proofs?5.Can I discuss the subject with my group-mates?6.Could you tell me the way to the University?7.You can’t use these dangerous materials in your research.8.When she sings you can hear her all over the house.9.Can I do anything for you?10. You can get this book at the library. 11.Anybody can make mistakes. 12. Can (could) you show me these data? – … Читать далее Ex. 1. Analyze the following sentences and translate them into Russian.
1. As a postgraduate student you must obtain some new scientific results. 2. Must we send them the results of our work immediately? – Yes, do please. 3. You must pay more attention to details. 4. The door to the laboratory must not be left open. 5. The meeting is at 10 o’clock sharp and you mustn’t be late. 6. He must be at the library now. 7. You must let him know about it. 8. You must be tired after your hard work. 9. Must I type the document? – No, you needn’t. 10. People must not cross the border without passports. 11. Everyone must go to school. 12. Must we measure the perimeter? … Читать далее Ex. 3. Analyze the following sentences and translate them into Russian.
1. Is there … juice left in the fridge? 2. Could I have … coffee? 3. Has … called me? 4. Is there … I can do for you? 5. She said … very interesting. 6. Don’t go … tonight. 7. When I came home there was … there. 8. Does … know … funny jokes? 9. Would you like … more tea? 10. Did you notice … strange about him? 11. There is … time left at all. 12. We can rarely meet … as brave as he is.
1. They will know the results in a week. 2. Clothes will be different in many years. 3. Sally will phone you when she gets home from work. 4. The weather will be much warmer tomorrow. 5. Everybody will have a computer in the year 2100. 6. I will remember this day all my life. 7. You will become a well-qualified specialist in 5 years. 8. Jack will be back in a minute. 9. He will like our new house when he sees it. 10. I will pay him a lot if he works well. 11. Helen will stay in bed till the clock strikes seven.